EXPEDITED SURGICAL OPTION
Most insurance companies require you to be on a medically supervised weight loss program before they will cover your surgery. If you've been unsuccessful on a medical diet program in the past, the thought of having to go through it again just to get your insurance company to approve your bariatric surgery can be really frustrating.
We heard this from a lot of potential patients, so we came up with a faster solution called our expedited surgical option, which may put you on a fast track for bariatric surgery. In fact, Mercy Weight Management Center is the only program in the Toledo area that offers people who are financing their surgery privately (not through their insurance) this unique choice.
Here's how it works: If you're a private-pay patient, this option recognizes your previously unsuccessful diet and exercise attempts and allows you to forego the need for yet another lengthy medically supervised weight loss plan dictated by your insurance company. But, most important, it can get you into surgery faster so you can get on with your new, healthy life.*
YOU STILL MUST BE MEDICALLY CLEARED
If you select the expedited surgical option, it doesn't mean you get to "skip" the medical, nutritional and psychological evaluations required of every surgical weight loss candidate. It simply means you get to forego an unnecessary, time-consuming medically supervised weight loss program if our bariatric surgeons are satisfied with your past unsuccessful diet attempts using programs such as Weight Watchers®, Jenny Craig®, Nutrisystem®, Slim-Fast®, HMR®, Medifast® and others.
INCLUDED IN MERCY'S PRIVATE PAY PACKAGE
- 3 Follow-up visits after surgery within 90 days of your surgical procedure with one of our bariatric surgeons (visits at two, six, and 12 weeks after surgery)
- Individual dietary sessions and coaching
- A free, six-month membership at our new Mercy Weight Management Fitness Center designed especially for bariatric patients. This is limited to weight management patients, current or past bariatric surgery patients or individuals in the process of considering a weight management solution.
- Monthly or weekly support groups focused on procedural information, planning, behaviors, emotional and family support, and more
- Access to our 24/7 nurse hotline and more
If you have questions about our expedited surgical option, or would like to learn more about this private-pay option that may put you on a fast track for bariatric surgery, please call our office at 419.251.8760 and we'll be glad to help.
*Each person’s weight loss challenges are different.There is no guarantee of results and vary for each individual.
Attend a Seminar
Come to one of our FREE Weight Loss Seminars hosted by our expert bariatric surgeons.
Call 419-251-8760 today to schedule a private consultation.