Mercy Adolescent Weight Management Program
A 6 month program that works with teenagers and their families to develop and hardwire healthier habits!
The program meets every Monday evening for 2 hours and includes a multi-disciplinary approach with hands on learning:
- Teenagers receive an initial dietary assessment, and then a plan with continual support and review.
- Each month families learn about and discuss nutrition topics such as; label reading, shopping, dining out, meal planning and fluid & fiber.
- Teenagers and families enjoy opportunities to create recipes and try new foods.
- A large part of the program is working with families to facilitate behavioral change, improve motivation and build confidence in the family’s ability to achieve new lifestyle habits.
- Each month families learn and discuss behavior topics such as; building healthy self-esteem, time management, eating triggers, motivation, and building effective problem solving skills.
- Teenagers receive an initial behavioral assessment. If needed, services of one-on-one in depth counseling may be provided through our partner Harbor Behavioral Healthcare to further aid the teenager’s weight management journey in conjunction with our program.
- Teenagers exercise weekly with our exercise specialist who makes exercising fun and age appropriate!
- Parents are encouraged to join in workouts throughout the month.
- Included in the program is a membership to Mercy Weight Management’s gym so families can come and workout together throughout the week for added physical activity time.
- Medical services are available as needed or requested.
- After completion of Phase 1 families are encouraged to participate in Phase 2 which provides continual support in weight loss/weight maintenance with emphasize on exercise, nutrition, and goal setting.
If you are or know a teenager struggling with weight management, please call the Mercy Weight Management Center at 419.251.8760 or register online for a free information seminar.
Attend a Seminar
Come to one of our FREE Weight Loss Seminars hosted by our expert bariatric surgeons.
Your Ideal Weight?
Use our handy tool to determine whether you’re at a healthy weight for your height and body type.
TRY OUR DELICIOUS
In addition to the coaching and extras our membership program provides, many dieters also use our delicious food products to maximize and maintain their weight loss.